Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

ode to josè

let's go back to May 15, 2010.
there i am.
little 19 year old me getting ready to move out into the big world in a couple months.
what is a number 1 necessity for living on your own? a car.

i'm pretty sure i looked for at least 8 months prior to this for the perfect car. 
one that wasn't too ugly, but still affordable.
i got a call from my pops that day and he said he found one!
i called my bestie katlin and we went and test drove it.

sure, it had 168,000 miles on it. 
sure, the paint was peeling on the hood.
sure, you couldn't unlock the driver's side door from the outside.
sure, the cd player would skip all the time.
and sure, it was squealy when it was cold outside.

but i didn't care.
it was a good little car.
the next day i wadded up what little money i had and bought
my very first car... josè.

fast forward 8 months {yesterday}
i sold josè...sniff sniff.
thank you little buddy for the memories.
thank you for getting me to ephraim and logan safely.
and thank you for not freaking out when i popped your tire.
you will always hold a special place in my heart.

1 comment: